Do your part to end the public health crisis of domestic violence now.
Domestic and intimate partner violence is a hidden epidemic that affects 1 in 3 women, 1 in 4 men, and 1 in 3 teens.
This means that a *big* part of your community has or will suffer from domestic or intimate partner violence, even if you don’t know about it.
Isn't it time to do something about it? This course will assist you in awareness, education, and action.
Courtney Armento is here to help you deepen your understanding of how to be present for people who have experienced domestic or intimate partner violence AND take care of yourself in the process. In this course, Un*Silence Domestic Violence, Courtney will guide you to:
1. Empower yourself with the best practices so that you will know what to do and say – and what not to do and say – when domestic and intimate partner violence are made known to you
2. Recognize signs of abuse so that you increase your awareness
3. Discover sensitive ways to respond so that you empower those experiencing abuse
4. Create an atmosphere of healing so that you can assist people who have been pressed into the margins
5. Establish good policies for your church so that you can empower your congregation to be a safe haven
Bonus: Receive a toolbox of resources and hacks for survivors that will support their flourishing so that you can be maximally effective. Let’s make our commitment count by following through with education and action so that we can reduce domestic and intimate partner violence in our lifetimes.
This course is for clergy and lay people alike. Clergy have a responsibility to understand and reduce domestic and intimate partner violence, and lay people are vital to providing listening ears to people in need. We're all in this together. Don’t wait – the time to act is now to stop this epidemic and promote empowerment and peace in our communities.
People are suffering in silence in plain sight.